Back from spring break and stressed by papers, tests, finals, etc??? Come to this five week MBSR program and learn to cope with those anxious feelings. Mindfulness is about paying attention in a particular way, non-judgmentally and non-striving, to things as they are in the present moment. The skills for living mindfully will be introduced and practiced each week. The MBSR space is limited, so register soon by calling 732.255.0400, Ext. 2945 or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sessions run every Monday in April, starting 4/2/18, from 5:00 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. in the Technology Building (#25), Room 107.
A program designed to help students who are academically at risk to learn the skills needed for academic success. In the Step by Step seminar you will:
- Explore what it takes to be successful in college
- Master the skills of prioritizing, time-management and goal setting
- Connect with Counseling & Student Development Services' support network
- Reconnect with the motivational reason for coming to OCC - develop a life purpose
To view the flyer with the information about the Step-by-Step sessions, including available dates and times, click on the Step-by-Step to Academic Success link.
To register for a Step-by-Step session, sign into your Ocean Connect account. On the right side of the welcome page, under Events and Orientations, click on the Register for an Event link. In the Available Events box, select the Step_by_Step event link. Register by clicking on one of the available dates and times.
Confidential and personal counseling services are provided by trained and licensed counselors. We assist students in dealing with personal, social, and/or emotional concerns that interfere with academic success and learning. We also work with students who are academically at-risk through the Step-by-Step to Academic Success program. Counseling services are available Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
For personal, free and confidential counseling services, call: 732.255.0400, Ext. 2945 or email, email@example.com
Counseling & Student Development Services' main office is located in the:
Instructional Computer Center (#22), Room 108.
Phone: 732.255.0400, Ext. 2945.
- The following services are located in the Instructional Computer Center (#22), within the main office:
Stop in to see what's new or call us with any questions or concerns.