Am I in the correct major?
Your major at OCC puts you on a path for transfer and the proper training/credentials needed for your target career. Start with these questions:
- Why am I interested in this major?
- Will this major lead to the job I want?
- Is this major right for me?
- Is this major putting me on the right career path?
- Should I be considering other majors?
Tools for Major Exploration
- OCC students have access to the online resource What Can I Do With That Major? You can use this tool, to select majors and explore common career areas associated with those majors. You can also research strategies designed to maximize career opportunities.
- If you are interested in changing your major, you can also utilize the What-If? function on Student Planning. To use this function:
- Log in to your Ocean Connect account
- Go to “My Progress” on Student Planning
- Click the “View a New Program” tab
- Select a major
- Review the requirements for the degree program
- See how your credits fit into another degree program
- Come to Advising, Transfer, and Career Services to discuss with an advisor or make an appointment with the Career Coodinator to discuss your options. Call 732-255-0300