This program of study is the mandatory core of alcohol and drug counseling courses designed to prepare the student for becoming credentialed in New Jersey as a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor.
These specialized courses are approved by the State of New Jersey Board of Marriage and Family Therapy Examiner's Alcohol and Drug Counseling Committee and by the Addictions Professional Certification Board of New Jersey for the required 270 education hours.
- ALDC 101 Addictions Counseling I (3 Credits)
- ALDC 102 Addictions Counseling II (3 Credits)
- ALDC 105 Addictions Counseling Skills * (3 Credits)
- ALDC 106 Assessing Addictive Disorders * (3 Credits)
- ALDC 107 Addiction COunseling Methodology ** (3 Credits)
- ALDC 108 Addictions Counseling Client Education ** (3 Credits)
- ENGL 151 English I (3 Credits)
* ALDC 105 and ALDC 106 must both be taken to substitute for the 6 credit
** ALDC 107 and ALDC 108 must both be taken to substitute for the 6 credit
1 of the following 2 Psych or Sociology courses is required:
For more information:
Contact: Jeffrey Lang
Phone: 732.255.0400, Ext. 2076